Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seeded With Love


A a few weeks ago my grandson was at my house and I asked him to put cans in the recycle bin. He said he was going to keep them because his teacher asked them to bring in cans for a project they were doing.

The Saturday before Mother's day he walked in the house and said "Happy Mother's Day" to me and handed me a can with something growing in it. I thanked him and gave him a hug and kiss and asked him what it was, he told me it was a flower but didn't know what kind.

As his Mother watched him give it to me, she told me how it was supposed to be for her, but he wanted to give it to me. Which I thought was so sweet. She was a little disappointed, but she knew he had made her something else that he was going to give her the next day.

When I saw her on Mother's day, she showed me that he had made her this sweet key chain with a #1 MOM charm on it. She was thrilled with it. She ended up with the present that will last as long is it does not break or get lost. My flower on the other hand will only last a little while, but as her's gives her joy, mine does too.

Each  morning after that I watched it grow trying to figure out what kind of flower it is, and am reminded each morning of the bond I have with Casper.

I woke a few days ago looking at the flower still trying to figure out what it is, it looked close to blooming. Later that afternoon, I walked into the kitchen and found that it did indeed bloom. Casper visited later that day and I made sure to show him how it bloomed, he of course was not as excited as I was. Two days later 1 more bloomed and it looks like another one is getting ready too. I believe it is a petunia, and it is very pretty.

So even though my present will not last as long as his mom's I will have something to look forward to every morning for as long as it lasts.


































No comments: